A strong team of experts who work as a partner and advisor for our US-based client, a global virtual healthcare leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth (telemedicine), together with the expert medical and licensed platform services. Client's product serves the world's leading insurers, employers, and health systems, thus helping millions of people around the world to resolve their healthcare needs with confidence.
In frames of extending collaboration, we are looking for a talented Middle and Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer who enjoys solving complex challenges in sophisticated software systems. You will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing custom solutions to provide scalable, reliable, and secure solutions adhering to the software development lifecycle and performing peer code reviews. You will be involved in a cross-national team and full engineering cycle of feature delivery, building innovative products within collaborative, cross-functional teams, and ensuring adherence to multiple coding disciplines and standards while contributing to its stability. As a pioneer and trendsetter of the virtual healthcare service provider in the world, your highly visible contributions will be used by millions of people each year.
- Experienced working with Agile/Scrum development process
- Knowledgeable about modern technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Git, SQL, CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Hands-on with Test-Driven Development, writing unit, and integration tests
- Experienced with Behavior-Driven Development suite (Cucumber)
- Competent in MVC frameworks. Ruby on Rails preferred
- Comfortable working in a cloud environment (AWS)
- The candidate having basic experience regarding Linux/Unix CLI
- Using Git and GitHub for source code control
- Showing enthusiasm and well-rounded knowledge of Back End systems and software architecture
- Able to apply best practices including design patterns and linting to all software development
- Staying well-informed of emerging technologies and software trends
- Capable of debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Able to investigate performance and memory issues
- The one who can reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into long-term API designs
- Good at architectural messaging patterns and pitfalls using Kafka, Rabbit MQ, etc.
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
- Design, implementation, testing, and shipping features that can scale to millions of users
- Building features with a major focus on performance, scalability, and future expansion
- Writing unit and functional automation to validate code quality
- Building APIs and web applications that handle complex data models efficiently
- Evaluation of new system integration points to define the data elements and format that is required by each system and/or data source
- System stability by being its integral part
- Establishing technical decisions and direction for one or a couple of projects/teams
- Taking over the team's demands and delegating technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
- Ensuring security and compliance of APIs and assistance with discovery efforts
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Participate in coordination of product releases with the product owner and other stakeholders
- Provide leadership/mentorship for the project team
- Take part in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development