You’ll be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, as well as ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
In our collaboration model, you will work and communicate directly with the development team on the client side.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build front-end applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications (aws)
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of Node.js and Express framework
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks and workarounds
- In-depth understanding of AWS (s3, rds, elastic beanstalk, etc.)`
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proven experience as a full stack developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- English — upper-intermediate
- You love borsch!
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills and analytical mind
- Naming five or more dishes that include beetroot, besides borsch.